lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Xilinx -> Microblaze -> NetIF Question

From: Bill Lawson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Xilinx -> Microblaze -> NetIF Question
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:09:57 -0400

Are you using XMK as your operating system? I had some threading issues if I used XMK calls to create new threads rather than the lwIP sys_thread_new() function. I may be way off here, but it is worth checking out.

--Bill

Lachlan Grogan wrote:
Hey All,
I have encountered an issue, not to sure if it is my poor coding, a limitation of lwip, or one of these memory alignment issues i've been reading about. I have the following example code: void foo_bar()
{
    struct netif * default_netif;
.... Init Code Goes Here default_netif = netif_add(......) ... more code goes here. } This works fine and my system is up and operational. However I wish to do the following: struct netif * default_netif; void foo_bar() { .... Init Code Goes Here default_netif = netif_add(......) ... more code goes here. } This code does not work, netif_add(..) does not return, and crashes my MicroBlaze. It is far superior for me to have the pointer to the netif "global" so as other functions can make use of it. Can anyone suggest a solution, or see anything stupid that im doing? Kind Regards
Lachlan Grogan.