lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] PPP negotiation frame length and sio_read() inco mpatib

From: Wilson, Clive
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] PPP negotiation frame length and sio_read() inco mpatibility
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:50:28 +0100

Guille,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, this morning I took a fresh look at the PPP code and realised that the only way the sio_read() call in pppMain() could possibly work was if it was non blocking. So I changed my implementation of sio_read() so that it returns immediately, irrespective of how much data it has retrieved. The good news is that an LCP dialogue of sorts is happening - however, the peers get as far as agreeing the Auth type, then the process repeats with the original ID number again. Ultimately one end gives up and the process fails. I also find that throughput is very slow - this may be the reason for the above problem?

Did you find you had to change any PPP code (LCP, Auth, IPCP etc) in order to get the whole thing working? I'm not at all confident that the PPP code as shipped will work OK - I figure that very few people are actively using it. Either that or their not prepared to merge their findings into the current LwIP development 8-)

Bye for now,

CTW