lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Regarding Packet Loss in UDP mode - LwIP TCP/IP stack

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Regarding Packet Loss in UDP mode - LwIP TCP/IP stack
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 09:00:47 +0100

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 10:13 +0530, revathy wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am working on ADSP-BF533, board with USB LAN EZ extender card.
> In that card we had preloaded LwIP stack.
> Currently we wanted to stream the data from ADSP BF533 board to an another
> PC.
> While doing so, I am facing a packet loss in UDP mode.
>
> This got fixed by giving sleep(100) for every packet.
> I don't want this sleep(100), because it creates delay.

It sounds as though when trying to send at a high data rate you get
packet loss, but the sleep(100) slows everything down sufficiently that
whatever is dropping packets can keep up.  Note that with UDP packet
loss is not particularly surprising, or necessarily a bug.  I suggest
you track down where the packets are being dropped - this should make
the reason for the loss more obvious, and so make it possible to suggest
a solution.

Kieran