lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Pbuf assertion failure

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Pbuf assertion failure
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:16:08 +0200

Etienne wrote:

> LWIP_ASSERT("pbuf_free: sane flags",
>     p->flags == PBUF_FLAG_RAM || p->flags == PBUF_FLAG_ROM ||
>     p->flags == PBUF_FLAG_REF || p->flags == PBUF_FLAG_POOL);
>

> I've never see it before. Do you know what's happend ?

No, but I can make a guess. Either you've passed an invalid
argument or size to one of the pbuf_alloc() calls, or you're
memory gets corrupted in some other way.

The pbuf->flags must have one these very specific values (PBUF_FLAG_x),
and somehow another value is detected by the assertion.
I haven't seen this assertion in action before,
a usual compliant is an allocation can't be made after a leak.

Can you use a debugger to inspect the pbuf_pool and other
memory pools? That might help.

Succes,

Christiaan Simons

Hardware Designer