lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Patch for IGMP V1/V2 and raw multicast support

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Patch for IGMP V1/V2 and raw multicast support
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:48:04 +0200

Hello Mace,

Mace Gael wrote:
Dear all,

Find attached a patch (I think you're familiar with this kind of format), based on
the previous development done by Steve Reynolds, and fully integrated (I hope in
the spirit of LWIP ...) to support raw multicast (send and receive) and IGMP
V1&V2 client node features.
Most of the patch looks OK and contains a welcome addition to the stack. I have briefly looked at the patch. A few minor issues are:

- there are some diffs that do not relate to IGMP, and some seem to relate to API changes (extra arguments to netif functions?..) - #ifdef CHECKSUM_* stuff seems added for ICMP, we could integrate this into lwIP as well, but we will likely rename it the defines a bit to
 match the lwIP compile-time configuration options.

Although normally I would have taken the time to apply the patch bit-by-bit (starting from core, working up to the sysarch), I have too little
time to do that job in the near future.

Any work towards helping split up the patch and make it non-intrusive on the current lwIP CVS HEAD will help get it integrated, by whomever
may volunteer to do this (Mace, if you already working on it, shout!).

For the additional changes from you or Altera, we really need to address these issues as they may or may not directly benefit lwIP. We do like
to minimize the need for proprietary branches.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.