lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip - but how to start

From: Steffen Damelang
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip - but how to start
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:17:26 +0100

Hi ...

I want to use lwIP on a PowerPC-platform (embedded) without any operating system.
I`ve read the "Design and Implementation of the lwIP TCP/IP-Stack" from Adam Dunkel. The upper API is described very good and there are no problems.

But I don`t know exactly what to do to get the connection between my device-driver and the stack.

For incoming packages I have to call the ip_input()-function - right?
For outgoing packages the function from output-function-pointer will be called - right ?

The function of semaphores is already implemented here.
The function of mBox`es is not implemented - but I think I know how to use that.
The timeout is implemented too.

I wanted to use the NO_SYS define (to 1) and then compile. The compile will abort because of the unknown SYS_MBOX_NULL and SYS_SEM__NULL in api_lib.c. I wanted to use the stack "as-it-is" and only change my header-Files and driver-files. So i can later change the stack on updates and only adapt my header-files. Can you tell me where to make the defines (they are in sys_arch.h now).

Is there any description of porting the stack available. I think such a document for "getting started" on porting the stack ?

Thanks .. and best regards
Steffen