lwip-users

[lwip-users] mboxes with no operating system

From: Steffen Damelang
Subject: [lwip-users] mboxes with no operating system
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:46:23 +0100

Hi ...

I have another question about the mboxes used in lwIP.

Can anyone tell me for what the mboxes are used. I thought there were for "inter-thread" communication. But in my case I dont have more  than one thread so do I need these mailboxes. I have looked to the 6502 port in contrib tree. The standard sy_mbox_new-function return SYS_MBOX_NULL. Now my sys_mbox_new looks the same.

But if I call netconn_new(...) I came to the follwing code in netconn_new_with_proto_and_callback.

if ((conn->mbox = sys_mbox_new()) == SYS_MBOX_NULL) {
memp_free(MEMP_NETCONN, conn);
return NULL;
}

Now sys_mbox_new() return SYS_MBOX_NULL and NULL is return. Now I don`t have a new connection.

Can anybody explain what the mboxes are for - then I can make my implementation of them (if nedded).

Thans and best regards

Steffen