lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bug in snd_buf calculation

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bug in snd_buf calculation
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 01:04:38 +0100

Hello Curt, Jan,

Jan Ulvesten wrote:
I posted an earlier bug report related this topic.
We have a hard time finding any maintainers that carefully inspect, accept and apply patches or investigate bug fixes. So at this time, only self-contained patches (i.e. a bug report, solution proposal and patch in one) make it into CVS easily, the rest seem to get dangling around.
snd_buf may be "lost" due to this correction. The alignment code takes
I am confused what you mean by 'this correction'. Do you mean the year-old fix that Curt refered to?

one byte of extra space out of the send buffer if the content is odd.
The idea was that the ack routine should correct this.  It works fine as
long as every single packets is ackd. If the ack routine acks two or
more packets it may actually not give the extra byte back (if acking an
even number of bytes when two odd byte packets has been sent).
Could you discuss how to proceed with a proper fix for this?

Thanks,

regards,

Leon.