lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] void pointer arithmetic

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] void pointer arithmetic
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:59:51 +0100

Bertrik wrote:

> I noticed something in the latest version of inet.c in CVS.
>
> The latest update (from 1.21 to 1.22) adds the following line of code
>    dataptr += 2;
> but dataptr is a pointer to a void and this line won't compile with my
> compiler.

We can reproduce this.

> Although a bit ugly, the original line
>    dataptr = (void *)((u16_t *)dataptr + 1);
> works fine.

I've changed this line, but the checksumming
produces invalid results on our 16-bit c16x.
1.21 seems to work just fine, so I guess it
has something todo with the new routine.

Also in the HEAD version the DHCP client seems to misbehave,
we're going to investigate this next week.

Bye,

Christiaan Simons

Hardware / Software Engineer
Axon Digital Design

+31 (0)13 511 66 66
+31 (0)13 511 41 51

http://www.axon.tv

individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not