lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Wireless TCPIP

From: Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Wireless TCPIP
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:32:11 +0100

Ashutosh Srivastava wrote:

I have successfully interfaced LWIP to my system with an ethernet network interface. Next on line is porting this to a wireless network interface. My question is, apart from the underlying driver changes, are there any differences in TCPIP stack itself for it work with wireless interface?

Hi,

I've never programmed anyting connected with wireless. But I remember an issu that came up with wireless and bridge code. IIRC the problem was that wireless IF are not capable of receiving packets with an unknown MAC, but bridge code changes the sender MAC. I solved this problem by setting up a tunnel between 2 wireless IF and the bridge code used the 2 tunnel endpoints.

What I want to say is that I think there is now difference in tcpip, but in the arp handling.

HTH

Gustl