lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] '__packed' problem with ADS 1.2

From: Robert Brown
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] '__packed' problem with ADS 1.2
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:32:52 -0400

Sorry, I can't offer a solution but I can share my experience.  About 18 months ago I tried to get the ADS compiler to do something sensible with the __packed qualifier but was unsuccessful.  Ultimately, I abandoned the use of the __packed qualifier and modified the my ethernet driver to ensure that the IP header is 32-bit word aligned.

There have been several discussions about this problem and related problems.  You may find some help in the mailing list archives.

Regards,
Robert Brown