lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip_close()

From: Ashutosh Srivastava
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip_close()
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:02:19 +0530

Hi All,

I am using the LWIP stack with the socket layer interface in my
application. I am not sure about the actual BSD implementation
of the close () system call and have a doubt in the lwip_close ()
function.

My application is a client which connects to a predefined server
and reads incoming data. When the application wants to close the
connection, the netconn_delete () sends a FIN segment to the
server and returns without even waiting for the ACK from the
server.

My question is, why is the netconn_delete () function not waiting
for the ACK for the FIN segment from the server and also a FIN
segement from the server itself ? I thought the close () implementation
should be like the connect () function call where a callback
function is called when a SYN ACK is received from the server.

Thanks,
Ashutosh