lwip-users

[lwip-users] netif.flags not set with NETIF_FLAG_UP

From: Charles-Christophe Thomart
Subject: [lwip-users] netif.flags not set with NETIF_FLAG_UP
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:27:28 +0200

Hello,

I am using lwIP on embedded ARM with modem and ppp support.
I have been able to establish ppp and am now trying a DNS request. The request is correcly received by peer. The answer is received in function ip_input.
I user a debugger to see what was going out :
- the "PP" netif is created whith correct IP and mask (given by peer).
- the netif.flags is not set to NETIF_FLAG_UP

What I am doing :
- Connect PPP. The callback function is called with an error code of 0.
- Create a socket with netconn_new(NETCONN_UDP)
- send data to peer (dns request) :
 netconn_connect
 netconn_send
I assume this is working since request is received and understood by peer.
- wait incomming answer
 netconn_recv

This function does not return. As said above, data is received in ip_input, but is not transfered since netif.flags is not set with NETIF_FLAG_UP. It seems this should have been done by dhcp_bind: I am compiling with a -DLWIP_DHCP=1 flag.

Does anyone have an idea on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Charles-Christophe