lwip-users

[lwip-users] Bug in tcp_out.c

From: Dave Perry
Subject: [lwip-users] Bug in tcp_out.c
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:31:00 -0400

Hi,

I'm working with the 1.1.0 release on an ARM (lpc2138) processor and ran
across this issue. I was getting Data Abort exceptions and I've tracked it
down to this point, but I'm not sure what a good fix would be.

In the function tcp_enqueue() there are several places which goto the label
memerr.  At that point, if queue is not null, this call is made:

tcp_segs_free(queue);

Trouble is, although queue is not null, it is not always a valid pointer
either. This eventually leads to the exception.

I'm not intimate with the code so I was hoping someone could suggest which
route through the function could be providing the bad pointer.

Thanks,
Dave