lwip-users

[lwip-users] timeout argument in sys_arch_*() functions

From: Mitani Hiroshi
Subject: [lwip-users] timeout argument in sys_arch_*() functions
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:01:50 +0900

Hi

I am going to port lwIP to our system. so, I have to write a sys_arch.c.
I have a simple question.

In sys_arch.txt;

- u32_t sys_arch_sem_wait(sys_sem_t sem, u32_t timeout)

  Blocks the thread while waiting for the semaphore to be
  signaled. If the "timeout" argument is non-zero, the thread should
  only be blocked for the specified time (measured in
  milliseconds).

My question is that if the "timeout" argument is zero, should the thread
wait for signal, or just poll a semaphore and quit immediately?
--
mitani