lwip-users

[lwip-users] Wrong interface when released DHCP-interface available

From: Jelinek Robert ETR.ETE3
Subject: [lwip-users] Wrong interface when released DHCP-interface available
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:35:44 +0100

I am using lwip with two interfaces: the first one is the ethernet interface,
the second one is the loopback interface.

If the ethernet interface is not initialized by DHCP (at the startup of my
hardware) oder DHCP releases it bindings, the IP-Netmask is set to 0.0.0.0.
Then I get a problem: Every traffic to the loopback interface is feed into the
ethernet interface, because ip_addr_maskcmp inside of ip_route always returns
true for the ethernet interface in that case. (it works, if I use
255.255.255.255 for the netmask at the bootup, but it does not solve the
problem in coorperation with dhcp_release.