lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Remote tcp connection with TAPIF interface

From: jean-louis . gilbert
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Remote tcp connection with TAPIF interface
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:01:01 +0100

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the delay, but i was working on other projects...
Here are the two required files tapif.c and config_envt.sh. This is the
linux (kernel 2.4.18) version. Bridge-utils tool is required.

In order to work correctly, you have to set some parameters in the
"low_level_init(struct netif* netif)" as explained in the file.

In the example:
        - 192.168.0.2 is the ip addr of the remote machine.
        - 192.168.0.5: is the ip addr of the tapif interface (netif
configuration) of the host.
        - 192.168.0.3: is the ip addr of the host's bridge.

RMQ: For linux system, you have to be careful about the time taken by the
bridge for its initialisation -> e.g. you should insert a "sleep(x)" call
after the first lwip_socket(...) call, in your application.

I hope, it will be useful.

regards.