lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Building lwip and ip.h et al not being found

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Building lwip and ip.h et al not being found
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:37:20 +0100

Chris Frost wrote:

I'd be happy to help with some documentation as I work my way along. I'm
still trying to gauge whether I can do a port in a day or two amount of work;
if this works out, I'd be happy to help with this.

You are fresh to lwIP, it would be great if you can write some "getting started" documentation.

Please see what's already there in doc/ so that you don't write redundant docs; rather refer to
existing doc.

Looking through cvs, it looks like the ports in contrib are generally
much older than the 1.0.0 release of lwip. (Maybe I misread or missed
a port, though?) Are there any available ports for lwip 1.0.0 (or close
to it) that I could read?
This means the corresponding authors or maintainers did not test (and tag) their port against a newer
lwIP version.

However, the API changes between versions are really minimal, so the stuff should be easy to bring
forward.

I know that the "c16x" port is reasonably up to date, because Christiaan did some testing the last
weeks. Use it as an example if you need to modify your side of the API.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.