lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Snd_buf not updated when receiving SYN in state SYN_SEN

From: Magnus Christensson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Snd_buf not updated when receiving SYN in state SYN_SENT
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:16:24 +0100

K.J. Mansley wrote:
On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 12:29, Magnus Christensson wrote:

Am I missing something, or shouldn't there be a 'pcb->snd_buf++' to update the send buffer size from the incoming ACK?

Hmmm, yes, I suppose as the SYN consumes 1 sequence number, we should be
doing that there.  Will add it to the list of little things to fix!  All
other states call tcp_receive() which adjusts snd_buf appropriately, but
in SYN_SENT you're not going to get any data, so this was obviously
deemed unnecessary.

Ok.

Out of interest, did you spot this because of a problem, or just notice
it when reading through the code?

This was triggered by an actual problem. I had a client (using lwip) sending a TCP_SND_BUF sized segment just after the SYN exchange. That segment got dropped due to its size being >snd_buf (which was TCP_SND_BUF-1 due to the missing snd_buf update).

Thanks,
M.