lwip-users

[lwip-users] Compile problem: #define NO_SYS 1, tcp_timer_needed macro i

From: Bob Ammerman
Subject: [lwip-users] Compile problem: #define NO_SYS 1, tcp_timer_needed macro issue.
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:18:32 -0500

Hi,

I am building LWIP from 1.0.0 sources using Visual C 6.0. I have placed

#define NO_SYS 1

in my 'cc.h' file.

I get the warning:
C:\cust\SCI\lwip\lwip\src\api\tcpip.c(72) : warning C4002: too many actual parameters for macro 'tcp_timer_needed'

followed by the error:
C:\cust\SCI\lwip\lwip\src\api\tcpip.c(73) : error C2059: syntax error : '{'

when compiling 'tcpip.c'.

Upon investigation I find the following code in tcp.h

#if NO_SYS
#define tcp_timer_needed()
#else
void tcp_timer_needed(void);
#endif

Which defines 'tcp_timer_needed' as a zero argument macro.

However, the code in 'tcpip.c' where I encounter the error looks like:

void
tcp_timer_needed(void)
{
   ....body of function....
}

Which, after macro substitution looks like:

void
{
   ....body of function....
}

Which is obviously broken.

For now, I am going to just use '#if !NO_SYS' to conditionalize the definition of 'tcp_timer_needed' in tcpip.c. However, I do not want to have to leave my own tweak in a standard LWIP module.

Anybody have a better idea??

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems