lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] simrouter and simnode don't build

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] simrouter and simnode don't build
Date: 10 Aug 2004 14:47:32 +0100

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 14:26, alex katebi wrote:
> Hi Kieran,
>
>  My contrib and lwip are in the same dir. Their parent dir is also
> named lwip. So I think I am ok in this regard. The simrouter has an
> unresolved symbol error during link time.

Ahh yes, my apologies.  A closer look suggests that there is something
wrong with the Makefile as it's not including the unix netif source
files in the compilation.  I'd missed this as the default make rule
doesn't build simrouter or simnode.

The CVS log suggests Jani removed them ages ago - back in March 2003.
Jani - can you throw any light on this?  Perhaps simrouter is at fault
by calling unix_init_server()?  It might be intended that it use
tapif_init() instead?

I'm loathe to go changing something I don't fully understand, so if
anyone who does could take a look (Jani?) I'd be very grateful.

In the mean time, you could try adding the unixif.c file to the
ARCHFILES list in the Makefile.  eg.:
ARCHFILES=$(wildcard $(LWIPARCH)/*.c $(LWIPARCH)/netif/tapif.c
$(LWIPARCH)/netif/tcpdump.c $(LWIPARCH)/netif/unixif.c)
which may generate more errors if it in turn requires other things, but
you should be able to track them down.

Unfortunately this all suggests that simrouter and simnode have not been
used by anyone in a long time, which might not make them very useful.

Sorry I'm not more helpful,

Kieran