lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Use of lwip API calls

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Use of lwip API calls
Date: 05 Aug 2004 16:04:32 +0100

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 09:55, Chris WIlliams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing a Hitachi H8 implementation of lwip. I have it working
> in a simple form and I am now looking to use more complex functions. My
> question is about the API interface.
>
> >From what I have read, the API interface uses blocking calls. That does
> not sit well in my system with no scheduler / operating system. I am
> interested in the API because it provides buffering, which I need in
> some cases to isolate lwip from my processes. However, I need non
> blocking calls. Is there a simple solution?

lwIP has a number of different APIs.  The most familiar will be the
sockets API, but I'm not sure if this supports all the non-blocking
features you might need.  It is certainly able to do non-blocking reads
however.

Alternatively, you could use the "raw" API, which is callback based, so
should fit your needs, but may be less intuitive.  Unfortunately the
homepage that has some documentation about this
(http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip) seems to be unreachable at the moment.

Hope that helps,

Kieran