lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP, PPP and GPRS

From: Michael Broughton
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP, PPP and GPRS
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:50:57 -0600

tcpip_init is necessary for PPP. Just take a look at what it does and you'll probably figure out why. Hint: PPP also uses the tcpip_callback routine, which is implemented in the same file as tcpip_init.

Do not call any of the fsm_, lcp_, or ipcp_ routines yourself. that will all be done by PPP as necessary.

Hi,
   I'm resending a mail exchange started with Michael Broughton, to continue it here if someone is interested.

To Michael, first thanks for your help !

The call to function alloc for ppp->session and ppp->statemachine are there to manage the memory on our OS (it's a home made OS).

I have modified a lot of lwip to use it with our own protocol stack, and I do not use the TCP part, so I think I do not have to call tcpip_init().

For the FSM routines, for example fsm_init : it is only called in lcp_init() and ipcp_init(), do I have to call one of these routine myself ?