lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Establishing a link

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Establishing a link
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:20:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> >When interfacing to certain Ethernet devices, my board is not be able to
> >establish a link.  If there is a 10baseT hub in circuit, it works
> >every time, but if there is a direction connection between my board and
> >certain devices, the link will not come up, or will only come up if the
> >other device is power cycled.
> >

> I remember we have had the exact same experience, i.e. 100baseT to a
> 10baseT cs8900 lwIP
> host.  We also had to (re)start the "other" device after the lwIP host
> is alive.

Yes, I beleive that is exactly what we are experiencing.  If we power
cycle the other NIC, (the one not running LWIP), then the link will come
up.  The status register in the CS8900A has the following value while the
link is not up:

Line Status Register  = 1214

and after power cycling (the other end), it goes to:

Line Status Register  = 1294

With the only difference being the "link ok" bit.  PolarityOK is
indcidating normal in both cases.

> I am not sure if we came up with a fix or other more practical
> workaround, but I will ask
> my collegae. Maybe he is reading this as well.

It you found a solution to this, I would be very anxious to learn about
it.

--
Best Regards,
Robert

Join the fight against spam, support the do-not-email list.