lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] DHCP and changing the MAC address

From: Tom C. Barker
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] DHCP and changing the MAC address
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:45:11 -0700

Leon,
I think I have found the issue. Your original suggestion
of using dhcp_release was the way to go. Again, because
it was a static and not listed in the .h file, I assumed
I was not to use it.

My listening pcbs are zeroed now so the new Ip address
is transferred properly!

The only other issue was fixing up my local arp table after I
change the MAC. Deleteing the arp entry in the client and
performing a ping on the ( lwIP-based ) server gets the arp
table entry corrected. From there I am able to access my services.

Can you confirm how the zeroing of the lpcb takes place?
I could not find it. (Or at least confirm what I'm seeing is true?)

Thanks again,
Tom