lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Need some help for RAW API

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Need some help for RAW API
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:00:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, schulz, marco wrote:
> So I want to ask for some help at this point. Can somebody give my some
> hints how to deal with data that is generated outside the TCP/IP task
> and has to be transferred via the RAW API?
> Or does somebody have some further example programs?

Here is how I do it.  The LWIP code runs as it's own task.  Messages that
are to be sent out over TCP/IP are placed into a FIFO type of buffer.
Each time the LWIP task runs it tests this buffer to see if there is
anything to transmit, and if so calls the appropriate routines.  When
TCP/IP packets are received, the process is reversed, the received data is
placed into a FIFO buffer by the receive callback.

All the source code for this is published on the OpenEZ web site.

--
Best Regards,
Robert

Join the fight against spam, support the do-not-email list.