lwip-users

[lwip-users] Socket API thread safe?

From: Wilfred Hoogerbrugge
Subject: [lwip-users] Socket API thread safe?
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:28:55 +0200

Hello group,

As the subject already shows I wonder if the lwIP socket API is multi thread
safe.

I remember having read somewhere it is, but can’t find that statement back.

As I’m hunting a race condition in my environment using lwIP + socket API, I
wonder if the problem my lay in the fact I’ve two threads calling the socket
API (one for sending using sendto and one for receiving using recvfrom).

I already found out that the sys_sem_wait() function sys.c is sometimes
re-entered (about once a hour), which it doesn’t seem to be designed for
(?).

Thanks for reading (and answering).

BTW: I’m using lwIP 0.7.1

Wilfred Hoogerbrugge