lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems

From: d99tibr
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:30:48 +0200

Ok, I have improved the performance of my ethernet driver and written a simple
ftp client for lwip.
I transfer a 50,000,000 Byte file from onboard SDRAM to a war-ftp server
running on a PC. (File is written to disk on the PC)
I use TCP copy, so each packet is copied from SDRAM to internal RAM prior to
transmission.
The DM642 board is connected to the same 100Mbps switch as the PC.
With this setup I get 30.9Mbit/s.

There are however still things to improve in my ethernet driver, so I expect
the performance of a fully optimised system to be at least equal to bf3Net.

I have not yet measured RX performance.

Timmy