lwip-users

[lwip-users] Memory usage lwip

From: Erik
Subject: [lwip-users] Memory usage lwip
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:32:43 +0100

Hi

I ported lwIP 0.6.4. for use on an Hitachi H8 processor. I combined lwIP with a PPP implementation from Motorola (a fairly poor one, I think, but it works).
It's up and running, though needs still a lot of tuning.
Nevertheless I do have a problem. It seems as though after having functioned OK for a while (several hours to several days), it seems as though the application is randomly copying pieces of memory to other locations. Mostly it concerns fairly big amounts of memory (256 to 1000 Byte). This lasts as long as the application can stand this kind of behaviour. The problem seems related to the amount of tcp connections opened and closed. The more a tcp connection was made and closed, the more the memory is garbled. After a crucial part of memory is overwritten, the application stops functioning correctly and has to be reset.
Could it be the heap manager (mem, memp) ?
Anybody experienced this kind of behaviour?

Regards
Erik