lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE: lwip-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 8

From: Eric Shufro
Subject: [lwip-users] RE: lwip-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 8
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:41:42 -0500

What are the differences between the raw and sequential api's?

I am currently setting up to use the sequential since I have an rtos, but
the raw api uses less memory correct?

The interfacing is different as well, correct?

For raw, I guess you call functions in the tcpip stack directly, where in
the sequential you use the netconn functions?

Also, for the cs8900 driver, I see how its I/O mode, but I don't have the
ability to memory map the registers (I don't believe) due to the way the
chip has been hardwired to my micro. The micro can however do it.

How did you avoid using packet page read/write and IO read / writes with the
cs8900? Memory mapping avoids that?

Thanks again,

--eric

Ps thank you for the reference to the unix port.