lwip-users

[lwip-users] DHCP question

From: Ed Sutter
Subject: [lwip-users] DHCP question
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:57:29 -0500

Hi,
Until now, I've been using a pre-defined IP address for
my application.  This morning I tried transitioning over
to DHCP and I'm having trouble...

When I initialize LWIP with a known IP address, I
just call netif_add() and netif_set_default().
When I use DHCP, I figured I just called dhcp_start()
and it would establish the IP/GW/NM values in the netif
structure.

Anyway I tried that and dhcp_start comes back error free;
however, I never see an IP address assigned to the netif
structure I pass to dhcp_start().

Anybody have any thoughts?
I'm assuming DHCP in LWIP is working, right?

Ed