lwip-users

[lwip-users] Duplicate acks

From: Atte Kojo
Subject: [lwip-users] Duplicate acks
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:55:45 +0200

I noticed that every time my lwip gets a packet it sends two ACK pakcets
for it (I'm using version 0.7.1). After some inspection I noticed that
an incoming packet is acknowledged in two different places: first in
tcp_receive() and then later in tcp_recved(). When looking at
tcp_recved() I noticed something that looked somewhat suspicioius to me:

  if (!(pcb->flags & TF_ACK_DELAY) &&
      !(pcb->flags & TF_ACK_NOW)) {
    tcp_ack(pcb);
  }

So if there's no ACK flag, the packet is acknowledged. Is this correct
or am I missing something here?

--
There are three kinds of people: men, women, and unix.