lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Newbie question (tcp_pcb* allocation)

From: Kaos
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Newbie question (tcp_pcb* allocation)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:17:15 +0100

David Aldrich wrote:

Hi Leon

Thanks for your response.  So I conclude that if I want to use a simple
global variable for my connection identifier (leaving aside the
arguments about globals, handles etc) I should reassign the global
variable with the value passed to tcp_accept().  Am I correct?

That would work, but note that the pcb from tcp_listen() is still active, since it is a newly allocated pcb you get from tcp_accept(), not the listen version transformed.

I wonder whether this could be made clearer in rawapi.txt?  This
document explains that tcp_listen returns a new connection identifier,
but it does not explain that the identifier will change again when a
connection is established.

It certainly could be made clearer, but it does state (uhm, "hint" might be more to the point) that it is a new pcb you get from tcp_accept().

Thanks again

David

Regards,
Andreas