lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn_close() functionality

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn_close() functionality
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:18:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Karl Jeacle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me why netconn_close() does not issue a close unless
> the pcb is in LISTEN state? When I have an open TCP connection that is
> established, and my application calls netconn_close(), I expect a FIN
> to be sent... but this is not how things are currently implemented.
> Why is this the case?
>
> (I know I can call netconn_delete(), but for other reasons, I don't
>  want all connection variables to vanish, I just want to TCP close.)

Hmmm, not sure.  What you suggest sounds sensible to me, but I don't use
this part of lwIP, so I don't know if it has any side effects.  Perhaps if
people who do use the netconn code have an opinion they could let us know?

i.e. Are there any objects to netconn_close() resulting in a FIN being
sent?

Thanks

Kieran