lwip-users

[lwip-users] Syncronise netif_remove() with tcpip_thread

From: Christoph Bartelmus
Subject: [lwip-users] Syncronise netif_remove() with tcpip_thread
Date: 28 Nov 2003 18:54:00 +0100

Hi *.*,

I'm trying to port lwip to an embedded system. The net interface is
running in its own thread. When I want to remove the interface, how can I
make sure that tcpip_tread does not try to access the data structures just
freed by netif_remove()?

I can reproduce a case where tcpip_thread tries sending a packet although
the net interface has been just removed, causing havoc.

TIA,

Christoph