lwip-users

[lwip-users] Patch #1326 breaks TCP

From: Karl Jeacle
Subject: [lwip-users] Patch #1326 breaks TCP
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:57:49 +0100

Hi all,

The third part of patch #1326 says it "removes an unnecessary loop in
tcp_out.c::tcp_output(), increasing performance", but as far as I can
see, this is not true. It appears to just wipe out anything on the
unacked queue and thus breaks TCP.

Apologies for long URLs, but here's what I'm talking about:

The patch:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailpatch&patch_id=1326&group_id=3159

The diff:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/lwip/lwip/src/core/tcp_out.c.diff?r1=1.27&r2=1.27.2.1&diff_format=h&only_with_tag=DEVEL

I can see what the patch is trying to do, but pcb->unacked points to
the start of the unacked queue, not the end. Reverting to previous
code allows my application to function normally again.

Is the patch broken, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Karl