lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip-members] Re: Porting lwIP to RT-Linux

From: Sergio PérezAlcañiz
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip-members] Re: Porting lwIP to RT-Linux
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:35:32 +0100 (CET)

Mensaje citado por: David Haas <address@hidden>:

> I have a real problem with the GPL code. We need to make sure the GPL
> license is not added to any code in the core.
GPL is not applied in any core code, just in the sys_arch and in another
one that makes all initializations.

>If there are bug fixes for
> the core, then Sergio should enter them as bugs in Savanah
I think that there are no bugs, or at least as I understand what a bug
is. Is just that, when the interrupt handler of a NIC is executed in
the same "level" then there are some weaknesses I found, I mean, sema-
phores are not enough. I found a way of stoping interrupts but without
loosing packets, so I added a sys_stop_interrupts and a sys_allow_interrupts
function to the sys_arch.
In linux, the lwip code and the NIC driver code is executed in different
levels, so no problem is caused by interrupts. That doesn't happens in
RT-Linux.

>and if he
> cannot submit a patch which does not add the GPL, then one of us should
>
> make the fixes. I would be happy to do so.
>
> Regards,
> David.

It is no that I don't want to submit a patch. I think that users that want
to try RTL-lwIP doesn't need to download RT-lwIP code and lwip code apart and
then apply a patch. I think is better to download the whole distribution.
I didn't know the problem was that you use to keep (I mean in savannah) the
arch files apart from the other (core). That wouldn't work with RTL-lwIP just
for the reasons I give above.

Regards.
Sergio.