lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Compile Problems

From: Florian Schulze
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Compile Problems
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:18:13 +0100

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:25:29 -0500, David Haas <address@hidden> wrote:

There is only one "port" of lwip which is guaranteed to compile "out of the box" and that is unix. It should be compile either under linux or the cygwin environments. (I don't think the examples RUN under cygwin, but I have successfuly compiled). There is a VC port, but it does not seem to come with a makefile and I think you will need to do some work to compile this. You will need to use the makefiles from the unix port to be a guide. Perhaps someone with more experience on the VC++ side can comment.

There is a VC++ 6.0 project workspace in the contrib module. I last checked that it works a month or so ago. There is also a README in that directory which tells what is required to get it compiling. There is also a guide at http://www.psky.com/lwip/lwip_32_a.htm which might be usefull, though it may be a bit out of date.

Florian

I am not aware that lwip has been ported to Mitsubishi's NC30. It is fairly easy to port lwip. Read sys_arch.txt for more information and look at some of the ethernet drivers under the contrib directory tree for examples.

I don't know anything about the ucos-ii ported lwip. Whoever did that did not add that to the "contrib" directory tree.

lwip is really fairly "raw" software. It can easily be ported, but the only demonstration platform is unix and even that does not do a whole lot. Improving all of this and adding an FAQ would make a really good student project ;-) .

David

M. Erhan Yigitbasi wrote:

I want to use lwip for my student project. I'm examining the code for a month but I didn't achieve to compile it on either VC++ 6.0 or on Mitsubishi's NC30 C compiler. I want to ask whether can anyone compile it without an error and warning? I also have an ucos-ii ported lwip and that can not be compiled either. Can anyone send me the lwip code that can be compiled on VC++ or mitsubishi's C compiler!
Best Regards
Erhan