lwip-users

[lwip-users] Will merge "leon-dhcp" branch real soon

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Will merge "leon-dhcp" branch real soon
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:01:57 +0100

Hello,

I have finished restructuring adapting some changes to the "netif"
structures, mostly DHCP related, but also paving way for additional
features and other link layer protocols (1394, PPP, ...).

- netif has configurable number of hardware address bytes
NETIF_MAX_HWADDR_LEN

- netif now has flags:

NETIF_FLAG_UP 1
NETIF_FLAG_BROADCAST 2
NETIF_FLAG_POINTTOPOINT 4
NETIF_FLAG_DHCP 8

- DHCP has been integrated with netif, which reduces the
DHCP code and data structure.

- DHCP has become more interface independent.

My work is available as branch 'leon-dhcp'. I have just
merged with the HEAD branch, so anyone should be
able to test my work simply by updating their CVS
checkout to the 'leon-dhcp' branch.

Unless someone reports problems, I'll merge my branch
into main tomorrow.

Regards,

Leon.