lwip-users

[lwip-users] CIFS

From: David Haas
Subject: [lwip-users] CIFS
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:10:08 -0500

Hi everyone,

For my current project, I need to implement printing through CIFS (also known as SMB). I don't know of any BSD-style license implementation for CIFS. If any of you know of this, please let me know. I've been searching for an implementation and all I have found is samba (GPLed) and a Java project, which I am not sure is active.

Would anyone be interested in joining an open-source project for a CIFS implementation. I don't know much about protocol details yet, I plan on starting to come up to speed this week. I just need printing and probably service advertisement. I have written protocols before (most recently PPTP), so I am fairly confident of my abilities. It would sure be good to share the work though.

Of course, I plan on running it on top of lwip :-) .

Thanks,
David.