lwip-users

[lwip-users] bug #2240 - UDP pcb connect behaviour

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] bug #2240 - UDP pcb connect behaviour
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:53:30 +0100

Ed Suller submitted this bug report. (Thanks Ed.)

>A UDP server appears to "lock on" to the IP address of
>he first client that communicates with it. After the first
>client transaction, no other client (different IP) can
>communcate with that server. Assuming that it is agreed
>by all that this is a bug, I have what I think is a
>fix for this and will submit a patch.

This behaviour corresponds with accept() or connect(), where the socket
connects with the
remote IP address and remote UDP port address. Ed's fix probably implements
recvfrom() behaviour,
where the socket stays unconnected to a remote address.

None of both is wrong, but we should make both available and especially well
documented.

Regards, Leon.