lwip-users

[lwip-users] Typical order of performance for TCP on 16-bit uC?

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Typical order of performance for TCP on 16-bit uC?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:02:57 +0100

Hello,

in what order of magnitude can I expect the TCP performance
to be in bytes/second on 16-bit microcontrollers?

Currently on our 18 MHz single-issue 16-bit microcontroller with
a CS8900a, my modified httpd.c delivers 22 KBytes/second.

All TCP and memory parameters are about 3 to 4 times the "minimal"
lwipopts.h configuration, and TCP_MSS = 128 (which is very low).

I am eager to hear if I am "ways off" maximal performance and what
parameters matter most to increase performance.

Best regards,

Leon.