lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Using LwIP to bring Internet to a PDA?

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Using LwIP to bring Internet to a PDA?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:27:33 -0000

Hi!

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 18:54, Andreas Koch wrote:
> What i have is a z80 based device with a few
> hundred KB (Flash-)ROM and 16K-24K (a few 16K more with
> ugly hacks) RAM (all 16K bankswitched), plus a sort of a
> c compiler for it (with a load of limitations). The device
>   has a RS232 port.

I would say that uIP probably is a better choice for the Z80, because of
its smaller code size and the fact that it was written with 8-bit
architectures in mind.

If you want to call an ISP, you'd probably need PPP as well. I have
received a lot of questions about PPP and uIP, and have also heard that
some people are working on it. But so far, I haven't seen any code.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.dunkels.com/adam/