lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] pbuf questions

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] pbuf questions
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:57:59 -0000

Hello David,

I would be in favor of dropping the current PBUF_RAM and moving towards a
pool of several fixed size pool sizes (32, 64, 128, 256, 512 for example) of
type PBUF_POOL.

Besides that, PBUF_ROM (with a reference to constant header and/or payload),
PBUF_REF (with a reference to application-memory for zero-copy
header/payload data).

As the pbufs are central to lwIP and come back in about every module, a
simple but effective approach really helps further development on the stack.

Your idea is therefore very good.

Sorry I didn't really answer your question, but I'll try to put some effort
in documenting the pbufs in the CVS.

Regards, Leon.