lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE: [lwip] Use with a microcontroller

From: Jason Morgan
Subject: [lwip-users] RE: [lwip] Use with a microcontroller
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:07:03 -0000

I don't know about the C167 I'm using the C165UTAH and (almost) working
fine.

IIRC The C167 dev kit uses the CS8900.

First you'll need to beg/borrow/steal or even write an Ethernet driver for
it.

As for compiling under Keil, there is a small number of changes you need to
make
to the code distribution, all fairly simple.

I'm getting 40 byte ping times on a busy Ethernet of ~1ms though there is
more code
optimisation to do yet.....

I tried the US Software TCP stack on the C167 Ethernet dev kit once and
found it
got ping times of ~2ms but that was not at 36MHz (am I right is saying that
the C167
uses 20Mhz, making the 165 about twice the speed ?)

Jason.