lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] compilation on kernel 2.2

From: Felipe Massia Pereira
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] compilation on kernel 2.2
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:27:33 -0000

Hello, again! :)

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Adam Dunkels wrote:
> > > The simnode must be started when simrouter is running and cannot be run
> > > alone. simhost can, however. The fact that simrouter starts would imply
> > > that the tap device has been properly initialized at least.
> >
> > I started simnode after the router said "Now run client". It's giving me
> > some device errors yet... Something related to the connect call of the
> > unixif interface.
>
> Hmm, that might be because of file permission problems (the communication
> between simrouter and simnode isn't FreeBSD or Linux specific). Try running
> simnode as root and see if that helps.

In fact, I think there are still problems with the tap interface. The
kernel gives those SIOxxxx errors when I run the client. This kind of
error shows up typically when I do ifconfig or route...

I executed both programs as root.

I have not seen the Universal TUN/TAP driver rpm for RedHat 6.2 at
sourceforge. Now I'm trying it.

[]s
--
Felipe Massia Pereira