lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Offtopic Realtek

From: Nicolas Moreau
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Offtopic Realtek
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:58:35 -0000

This is offtopic but somone here might have the answer.

I am trying to write a driver for the Realtek chip, all is fine apart for one
problem. Some bytes are changed when the are sent on Ethernet.
I am logging information using Etherpeek on W2K.
eg: sending 0x50 in a packet I get 0x52 on the PC.

I can write any value into registers and that works, so my hardware/bus is fine.
Some other bytes are substituted and the only pattern I have found is:
if bit 4 and any bit 5,6 or 7 is set then bit 1 is set !!

I can't make any sense out of this, it's driving me mad. I even changed chips
and  I still have the same problem so I figure it must be software !

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

Nic