lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] RE: [lwIP] Platforms, applications, uses

From: Jason Morgan
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] RE: [lwIP] Platforms, applications, uses
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:42:48 -0000

Hi Adam,

Although we don't have time at the moment to contribute directly to lwIP on
a day to day basis, it is being used.

We are still ironing out porting bugs and interaction with our RTOS, but
although going slowly it is progressing.  We still plan to put our work back
into lwIP, though are a bit worried at present about the 'pull' that some
others are placing on the code.  Our work is still based on a relatively old
snapshot of the code, we probably won't touch more recent versions until
they stabilise (when will you call it done?). When we are happy with our
port we'll then try and feed it back.

The news at the moment is that we've found no hard bugs in your code, only
interactions with our compiler, processor and RTOS.

As yet we have not ported our actual application to the lwIP stack, its
still a separate parallel project.  So in that respect I suppose its not
being used in anger.  We expect to join  the two projects early next year.

Regards and thanks,

Jason.