lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] 10

From: Scott Robinson
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] 10
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:51:24 -0000

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

In general it's bad unless you're writing the software I'm writing. :-)

Yes, I have insured that all access to/from lwIP is from an interrupt
handler. Even the _tmr () functions are called from within the interrupt
handler. (off a timer interrupt)

I figured out my bug. I should have had faith in lwIP all along. Turns out
in times of RX stress, not enough interrupts are generated. This was never a
problem in my old logic for multiple reasons.

Scott.

* address@hidden translated into ASCII [Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 02:3=
6:43PM +0100][<address@hidden>]
> > All IP action occurs within the interrupt handler.
> >
> In general, this is a bad design principle. Unless you can assure all
> access to/from lwIP is from this interrupt handler, you may have a very
> hard time making sure no concurrent access to data structures occur.
>=20
> For example, how do you call the _tmr() functions in lwIP with the
> assurance that the interrupt handler is not invoked in the meantime?
>=20
> In general, the interrupt handler should merely invoke a "lower-half"
> interrupt handler (that runs out of interrupt context), which does the
> processing.
>=20
> Leon.
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Rund um die Uhr f?r 1 ct/ Min. surfen!
>=20
> [This message was sent through the lwip discussion list.]

--=20
http://quadhome.com/           - Personal webpage
tranzoa.net                    - Firewall

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7--