lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] tun/tap in linux 2.4.18

From: ERIC MAHLAKO
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] tun/tap in linux 2.4.18
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:17:51 -0000

Can any one help me with this problem.

I'm trying to configure tun/tap interfaces. I have
followed the instruction in the tuntap.txt that came
with linux documentations. Inside the /dev/ directory
I can see tanX(X = 0,1,3) and tun devices,but when I
try to configure the devices it gives me the ff errors

ifconfig tap <ip address>
SIOCSIFADDR:: No such device
tap0: unknown interface: No such device

Can anyone tells me how to configure and use tun/tap
interfaces

thanks
Eric